The Windows Azure platform offers a flexible, familiar environment for the creation of cloud applications and services – to shorten time to market and adapt as demand for your service grows.
Black Marble can assist in your move to the cloud – guiding you through the process of determining the best model for your business.
What is Windows Azure?
Windows Azure is a cloud services operating system that serves as the development, service hosting and service management environment for the Windows Azure platform. Windows Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to host, scale, and manage web applications on the internet through Microsoft datacentres.
Windows Azure supports multiple languages and integrates with your existing on-premises environment. Black Marble can build applications and services on Windows Azure using our existing Microsoft Visual Studio expertise.
What can Windows Azure be used for?
- Run enterprise workloads in the cloud
- Build, modify, and distribute scalable applications with minimal on-premises resources
- Perform large-volume storage, batch processing, intense or large-volume computations
- Bring your ideas to market faster and pay as you go
- Reduce costs of building and extending on-premises resources
- Reduce the effort and costs of IT management
- Respond quickly to changes in your business and customer needs
- Choose an on-premises or off-premises deployment model that best suits your needs.
- Scale your IT resources up and down based on your needs.
- Consume computing resources ONLY when the needs arise.
About SQL Azure – a fully relational cloud database solution
Microsoft SQL Azure Database is a cloud-based relational database service built on SQL Server technologies. It provides a highly available, scalable, multi-tenant database service hosted by Microsoft in the cloud. SQL Azure Database helps to ease provisioning and deployment of multiple databases. High availability and fault tolerance is built-in and no physical administration is required. It can help reduce costs by integrating with existing toolsets and providing symmetry with on-premises and cloud databases.
What can SQL Azure be used for?
- Build scalable, custom web applications
- Build packaged line-of-business applications
- Build corporate departmental applications
- Consolidate multiple data sources in the Cloud and enable secure access from multiple locations, desktop and/or devices
Benefits of using SQL Azure
- No need to install or patch software or other physical administration
- Automatic high availability and fault tolerance
- Simple provisioning and deployment of multiple databases
- Scale databases up or down based on business needs
Black Marble’s Azure consultants can help you determine if Windows Azure is the model for your business – working with you to identify your requirements for a successful move into the cloud.
Black Marble has been recognised by Microsoft with membership in the Azure Circle - a select group that supports Microsoft's cloud platform and has an interest in developing and growing their Windows Azure business. Membership signifies the company is certified to consult, build, implement, and deploy solutions on Windows Azure.
For more details please contact Katy on +44 1274 300175