ALM - Realisation
Application development is one of the most strategic activities in IT. Whether the business goal is improving customer satisfaction, streamlining operations, or extending into a new market, the applications that underpin business initiatives and provide differentiation are critical to success. Application development teams that predictably deliver business-critical applications can help a company maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace and drive top-line growth.
Black Marble recommends the use of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server to underpin your application development. The tools are complex and need to be configured correctly from the outset. Black Marble’s Realisation Service provides you with a fully configured system and the knowledge your staff requires to get the best from it in your environment.
Black Marble’s implementation will be based on your requirements and processes, allowing you to utilise the product within your infrastructure and development methodologies. We will collect a set of requirements, design and configure your implementation, allowing your company to rapidly make use of the features it provides.
The Phases of a Black Marble Installation
- Implementation Plan
- Carry out the Implementation.
- Report of key issues.
Key areas addressed by our Installation Service
- Development of the deployment plan for your entire organisation
- Deployment in a production environment
- Customisation of the Process Templates based on your current processes and Microsoft best practices
- Development of a code promotion strategy that will enable concurrent development and follows best practices like continuous integration
- Development of automated build including build verification testing
- Customisation of acceptance practices managing requirements
- Development of procedures on how to operate the build process
- Knowledge transfer and hands-on training
How we carry out the Installation Service
The following deliverables enable you to deploy Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server with minimal impact to your operations team and developers:
- Installation in a production pilot environment
- Requirements management guidance
- Operational planning and guidance
- User access and security planning
- Team Foundation Server project definition planning
- Process template customisation planning
- Source control strategy planning
- Team build server planning
- Full deployment project plan
The report will include:
- Review of implementation architecture and design considerations
- Recommendations and Next Steps
Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
A rich set of integrated tools and server infrastructure coupled with flexible and agile process’s that represent a breakthrough for development tools, help you manage and optimise your entire software development process. Available products include: Professional, Premium, Ultimate and Test Professional.
Our Engineering Director, Richard Fennell, is an MVP for Visual Studio (ALM) – providing you with the confidence that your business is in safe, experienced hands.
For more information on our service you can call Lisa on +44 1274 300175.
You can find out more by coming along to one of our Technical Events
Or by attending one of the Microsoft UK ALM, Test and Developer Events.